We touch the world,
Why should we think it is not in us?
~ Maxine Scates, Vision
Now, more than ever, we need new ways of engaging the world, each other and ourselves. We live in a time where the impact of collective, historic and public events on lives marginalized by dominant cultures is often unrecognized. Individual traumas and losses are enveloped in and made invisible by larger social and cultural traumas and systems of oppression regarding issues of race, class, genders and sexualities.
Under such conditions, maintaining compassion, humor, flexibility, resilience and a heartfelt connection to others is an often challenging daily practice. My psychotherapy services provide support to individuals and couples who seek witnessing, sustenance and dialogue.
Areas of Specialization
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer Issues
- Gender and Genderqueer Identities
- Queer Family Planning
- Multicultural Individuals and Couples
- Social Justice and Postcolonial Activists
- Healthcare Practitioners and Advocates
- Anxiety and Depression
- Kink/BDSM/Poly Issues
- Sex Work
- Balancing Work and Family Life
- Intimacy and Communication in Couples of All Genders